Do you love the sweet rich flavor of "caramelized" onion? Try one of Tastes of Idaho's best selling sauces: Coeur d' Alene Dressings' Caramelized Onion Sauce!!
The wonderfully flavorful sauce has numerous uses other than just on the grill.
Taste this unique grilling and glazing sauce and fall in love. A secret ingredient of many northwest chefs, great in baked bean casseroles or meat dishes, or spread on sandwiches.The caramelization process brings out the best of the genuine onion flavor, without the crunchy texture.
Coeur d Alene's Caramelized Onion Grilling Sauce is great on chicken, turkey, ribs, steak or as a ham glaze or dipping sauce. Check out some of the following uses:
- Try on chicken or ribs under the broiler or on the BBQ. As with any BBQ sauce, our "Caramelized Onion" sauce should be glazed over your meat or veggies during the last 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- Slice & brown German sausage. Add a can of drained pork n' beans, adding "Caramelized Onion" sauce to taste.
- Sloppy Joe sandwiches: Brown ground beef. Add sauce to taste. Bring to a "bubble" and pour over toasted buns.
- Meatloaf: To 1 pound ground beef add 2 tablespoons of "Spinach Dip" mix, 2 tablespoons "Caramelized Onion" sauce, 1 slice bread (softened with 3 tablespoons milk), 1 egg, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Mix well. Shape into flat round or loaf. Score top, drizzling with "Caramelized Onion" sauce. Bake 350 degrees, 45 minutes or till done. Serve with warm "Caramelized Onion" for dipping sauce. Hint: This is the only meat I cook in the microwave, but it comes out moist every time. For 1# meatloaf I cook on high heat 4 minutes each turn, turning 4 times. I put potatoes in the microwave while preparing meatloaf. Make a salad while the meatloaf cooks. When done, you can put the meatloaf under the broiler for a few minutes with a little sauce over. The whole meal takes about half hour.
- Glazed salmon fillets: Heat skillet sprayed with cooking spray or olive oil. Lay salmon skin side down into hot skillet. Add 2-3 tablespoons water. Cover. Cook till just done. Drizzle "Caramelized Onion" over salmon just to heat.
- Easy hors d'oeuvres: 1/2 package Costco meatballs. Stir to cover well 1/4 to 1/2 cup "Caramelized Onion" sauce. Pour into baking pan. Bake 350 degrees, 30 minutes until hot.
- Place frozen chuck roast in foil in casserole dish. Cover top with Caramelized Onion sauce. Wrap securely with foil. Bake in slow oven (250 degrees) all day (6-8 hours). Makes lots of wonderful juice that you thicken with cornstarch.
- Vegetable and/or Meat Stir-Fry: Slice thinly an assortment of veggies: carrots, peppers, celery, onion, cabbage, etc. Stir fry quickly with olive oil. Just before serving, add Caramelized Onion sauce to taste.
- Dip chicken breast in Caramelized Onion Sauce, then dip in bread crumbs. Bake 350 degrees, 20 minutes or until done.
- Appetizer: Mix jar Caramelized Onion Sauce with 8oz softened cream cheese. Serve as a dip with wheat thins, triscuits or crackers.
- Grill salmon fillets with olive oil on foil. Top with Caramelized Onion Sauce. Plate atop mashed potatoes, drizzled with more sauce. Serve with steamed or grilled veggies.
- Baked beans. Mix a jar with your favorite beans and bake for 1-2 hours
And, of course, awesome, easy BBQ Ribs ...
- Clean fat and membrane from rack of pork ribs as best you can. Place on foil. Sprinkle generously both sides with your favorite rub. Seal with foil. Bake 225 degree oven 4 hours. Remove from foil. Cool slightly and cut into pieces as desired. Heat BBQ and spray lightly with cooking spray. BBQ ribs, basting with Caramelized Onion Grilling Sauce, turning occasionally until browned.
- Gone for the day? Try your slow cooker for ribs. Season ribs with your favorite rub. Brown ribs in olive oil. Place in slow cooker. Pour Caramelized Onion Grilling Sauce over, turning to coat. Turn cooker on low and cook 6-8 hours or until tender.
Check out Coeur d Alene Dressings' Caramelized Onion Grilling Sauce