While there are many popular Idaho potato recipes out there, the hasselback potatoes air fryer recipe always makes its way into many families’ kitchens. Hasselback potatoes are a type of baked potato that is cut into thin, fan-like slices and then seasoned with olive oil and spices. This recipe is special because it looks cool, tastes scrumptious, and is easy to make. If you are looking for potato recipes that don’t require much work, this one is definitely a good option.
How to Make Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
These hasselback potatoes are one of the simplest and most delicious Idaho spud recipes available. Today, you get to learn to make this recipe with easy steps and ingredients that are also easy to get. Let’s take a look!
- 4 medium size of Yukon Gold potatoes (buy here)
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter (buy here)
- One tablespoon of olive oil (buy here)
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic (buy here)
- A half teaspoon of paprika powder (buy here)
- Salt and black pepper powder for tasting
- One tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley (buy here)
- Before cutting and air frying, make sure to preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Cut ¼-inch slices into each potato. Make sure the knife only cuts to the bottom ½-inch, keeping the bottom of the potato intact.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, olive oil, paprika, and garlic. Brush some of the mixture over each potato and into the cracks. Then, season with salt and pepper.
- Put the potatoes in the basket and cook them in your preheated air fryer for 15 minutes. Brush the potatoes with the butter mixture, making sure the potatoes drip onto the slices that are spread out to ensure they don’t dry out. Then, cook until the potatoes are cooked through, about 15 more minutes.
- After that, remove the potatoes from the basket. If you still have the butter mixture, use it to brush the potatoes. End it by sprinkling it with chopped parsley. Now, serve and have fun!
Useful Notes for Making Hasselback Potatoes
- You can make this recipe for a party or potluck and use it as an accompaniment to any meal or side dish, such as soups, pastas, and sandwiches.
- This recipe is vegan and gluten-free, which makes it a good crowd-pleaser for your family and friends.
- While this post only listed some spices for seasoning, you can add more spices like rosemary, thyme, and chive. Don’t limit yourself!
- Before cutting the potatoes, rinse and dry them to remove any dirt or residue.
- For the cutting process, place the potato between two chopsticks, skewers, or wooden spoons and start slicing from one end with a sharp knife. When slicing, make sure you don’t cut it through, and chopsticks will help avoid it. Continue slicing 3 to 5 mm thick and make sure there is room at the bottom.
- If you use large potatoes, the cooking process will take about 25 to 30 minutes. For the smaller potatoes, it will take 15 to 25 minutes. It also depends on how thick you cut your potatoes.
The Ingredients and Equipment
1. Yukon Gold Potatoes
Your hasselback potatoes will have a stunning look with the golden color of these Yukon potatoes. This product comes in a bag offering 10 pounds of golden and fresh potatoes.
These potatoes have a subtly sweet taste, are rich, and buttery, which makes them the perfect ingredient for many Idaho potato recipes. Whether you want to mash them, boil them, or fry them, these potatoes are suitable for all.
This butter comes from Augason Farms and is made of butter powder, cream, water, salt, nonfat milk, tocopherols, and ascorbyl palmitate to preserve freshness. This product comes in a can with a weight of 2 pounds of salted butter.
With this butter, you can create up to 200 servings with 7,140 calories. The good thing is that it can be used for various purposes, like food storage, camping, survival, emergencies, and everyday life. This butter has also been certified gluten-free.
If you don’t want to be bothered with crushing your own garlic, you can get this minced garlic from McCormick. This product comes in a flip-top bottle container with a weight of 3 ounces per bottle. It is made with fresh and whole garlic that has been dried and minced.
The product has no GMO, is vegetarian, vegan, and certified kosher. Add it to your recipes like soups, stews, dressings, or marinades and enjoy a hint of fresh garlic flavor.
4. Paprika Powder
Made with paprika and silicon dioxide, this paprika powder offers an 18-ounce product in a plastic container. The ingredients used in this product are premium quality to achieve the signature mild and slightly sweet flavor.
With its good flavor and aroma, this paprika is ideal for your favorite appetizers, proteins, dressings, and marinades. Made with culinary professionals in mind, this fine spice ensures consistent quality and pure taste in your kitchen.
This is an organic parsley that has been processed from the aromatic flowering parsley plant in the Apiaceae family. This parsley imparts a slightly aromatic taste with a bitter taste.
You can use it in fish, soups, meat, salads, and sauces. This parsley comes with 7 grams of product in a jar bottle, offering real flavor to your cooking.
6. Air Fryer
This is probably one of the most popular air fryers out there. This air fryer can assist your kitchen in bringing your Idaho potato recipes to perfection. This equipment comes with a supreme space-saver with a spacious 2-quart capacity in a sleek and narrow design.
This is a good addition to your healthy cooking experience as there will be no excess oil or fat. One of its favorite features is the rubber handle that helps you glide the fry basket in and out easily without having contact with the heated elements.
Other features include power and heat indicator lights, time and temperature limits, a dishwasher-safe cooking tray and basket, and a sleek, space-saving design.
7. Olive Oil
The right olive oil always creates a great result for your cooking. This olive oil is smooth and made from first-cold-pressed olives, making it an ideal ingredient for any meal.
Whether it is sautéing or stir-frying, this olive oil is a good option. For its quality, this product is naturally gluten-free, non-allergenic, non-GMO, and certified kosher.